- An updated economic impact study reveals BWI Marshall Airport produces more than $9.3 billion in total economic activity. The airport creates and supports more than 106,000 jobs in the region.
- Governor Hogan announces a third consecutive record for annual passenger traffic. BWI Marshall Airport surpassed 26 million passengers in calendar year 2017.
- The Fly Away Valet service is introduced in February, offering passengers one more convenient way to park and fly at BWI Marshall Airport.
- International service continues to expand at BWI Marshall Airport. WOWair doubles its capacity for Summer 2018 from the previous year. Icelandair joins the BWI Marshall Airport family with service to Iceland beginning in May. That same month, Air Canada begins offering daily nonstop service to Montreal.
- ROAM Fitness is honored by the Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA). The state-of-the-art fitness facility receives third-place recognition in the Best Innovative Consumer Experience Concept category.
- BWI Marshall Airport is recognized as a Best Airport by the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards. The airport was named the 10th best U.S. airport in a survey that included 429,000 reader surveys.
- Southwest Airlines celebrates its 25th anniversary of service at BWI Marshall Airport in September. The airline maintains the airport’s biggest airline operation, serving more than 65% of BWI Marshall passengers.
- In September, Southwest Airlines announces its intention to construct and operate a major aircraft maintenance facility at BWI Marshall Airport. The proposed 130,000 square-foot maintenance hangar is expected to produce 450 jobs over 3 years.
- Two additional LaunchPad businesses join the retail program at BWI Marshall Airport.