- Allegiant began service at BWI Marshall Airport with service to six markets-Asheville, NC; Cincinnati, OH; Knoxville, TN; Lexington, KY; Savannah, GA; and Tulsa, OK.
- BWI Marshall Airport opened a new playground at the Thomas A. Dixon Aircraft Observation Area on the southern side of the airport.
- In August, British Airways upgraded its service between BWI Marshall Airport and London Heathrow to the airline’s sophisticated, innovative Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.
- The new D/E Connector opened just before Thanksgiving. The major improvement program provides additional international airline capacity and new passenger services, including a new security checkpoint to serve domestic and international passengers.
- BWI Marshall Airport set a second-straight annual record for passenger traffic. More than 25.1 million passengers flew through BWI Marshall Airport in 2016. The airport set monthly passenger records for each month in 2016.