- 21.9 million passengers flew through BWI Marshall Airport in 2010, a new all-time annual record for passenger traffic. That figure was a 4.7% increase over 2009.
- BWI Marshall Airport was named the best in the world for passenger satisfaction among airports serving 15-25 million passengers, according to the Airports Council International (ACI), Airport Service Quality survey.
- BWI Marshall Airport constructed a sophisticated new inline baggage screening system. The D/E Baggage Screening and Claims Improvement project (DEBSCI) constructed a new outbound baggage security system to help accommodate future airline growth.
- BWI Marshall Airport celebrated 60 years of service to residents and businesses of Maryland, and to travelers from around the world. Since its dedication as Friendship International Airport on June 24, 1950, the Airport has been a leader in commercial aviation for the State of Maryland and the entire National Capital region.
- The Maryland Board of Public works approved a contract for BWI Marshall Airport to implement a comprehensive Energy Efficiency Program. The energy performance contract will generate substantial energy and operational savings. Specific energy conservation measures will include: a new 505 kW solar system on the top level of the BWI Marshall Airport Daily Garage, comprehensive lighting improvements, energy infrastructure replacement projects at the Airport’s central utility plant and main terminal building, and the installation of modern water conservation measures.