- Governor Ehrlich officially dedicated the new Terminal A/B facility at BWI. The 510,000 square foot facility provides for 11 new gates for Southwest Airlines, which connect to 15 current gates on Concourse B creating a compact, 26-gate concourse facility. Terminal A/B also includes in-line baggage screening and additional passenger screening checkpoints to help expedite screening procedures. A number of new food and retail concessions are also available.
- BWI’s name officially becomes Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport. Recognizing the achievements and the legacy of Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, an exhibit chronicling his life and career is displayed on the upper level of the BWI terminal.
- Transportation Secretary Robert Flanagan announces senior aviation executive Tim Campbell to lead BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport. Mr. Campbell has more than 30 years of airport-management experience and was most recently the Executive Director at Salt Lake City Department of Airports.
- New daily non-stop service between BWI and Mexico City begins as BWI welcomes Mexicana Airlines. From its operations hub in Mexico City, the airline flies to more than 50 destinations in North America, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean. The annual economic impact from this new international service at BWI is projected to be more than $54 million.
- BWI relocated the Express Service Parking (ESP) lot to a site closer and more convenient to the airport terminal.