- Maryland and Ghanaian officials gather to celebrate Ghana Airways inaugural flight between BWI and the Ghanaian capital of Accra.
- BWI’s five-year, $1.8 billion expansion and improvement VISION unveiled.
- Aer Lingus, the Irish national airline, begins service from BWI Airport.
- The Maryland Aviation Administration (MAA) completes installation of 29 life-saving, automatic external defibrillator (AED) units throughout the BWI terminal complex.
- Total passenger traffic reaches more than 19.6 million, a new record for the seventh consecutive year and 12.4 percent increase compared with 1999 totals.